The Tasmanian Audit Office (TAO) is the independent auditor of the Tasmanian Government. We audit the Tasmanian public sector to enhance its accountability and improve its performance. Our activities open up opportunities to improve both accounting and financial management practices and administration and business management practices for our public sector clients.
Working at TAO provides you with the opportunity to promote continuous improvement and to make a difference within the Tasmanian Public Sector. We operate in a diverse and complex environment and are committed to professional excellence, best practice and integrity.
The Tasmanian Audit Office promotes diversity and inclusion through our employment practices, recognition and celebration events. The health and wellbeing of our staff is a top priority and is supported through some of the measures detailed below to support our people.
Supporting your education and training
- Fully funded for the cost of completing a professional certification (CPA/CA ANZ, AHRI etc.) including paid study leave
- Full reimbursement for an annual professional membership fee
- Full learning and development framework
- Generous training budget
- Hybrid work available
- Supplied mobile phone and laptop
- Provision of a portable monitor
Flexible hours, overtime and leave entitlements
- Flexible work options
- Paid overtime and extended flexitime available
- Generous leave entitlements including:
– Paid Christmas close down period
– Paid parental leave
– A variety of paid family, special and cultural leave which are fully detailed under the Tasmanian State Service Award
Health and wellness
- Annual wellbeing program which includes free influenza vaccinations, health checks and hygiene packs
- Employee Assistance Program which provides free confidential, personal coaching and counselling services
- Ergonomic pack on appointment which includes bluetooth peripherals and a laptop raiser
- Periodic defensive driver training
- 50% reimbursement for convenient secure CBD parking space with 24/7 access
Government partner benefits
- Discounts on AVIS rentals, discounted private health insurance with BUPA and St Lukes, novated leasing through Maxxia, Microsoft Home Use program and more
If you’re interested in working with us at the Tasmanian Audit Office, please see the Careers page on the Tasmanian Government Jobs website as they become available.