The Tasmanian Audit Office (TAO) is the independent auditor of the Tasmanian Government. We audit the Tasmanian public sector to enhance its accountability and improve its performance. Our activities open up opportunities to improve both accounting and financial management practices and administration and business management practices for our public sector clients.
Working at TAO provides you with the opportunity to promote continuous improvement and to make a difference within the Tasmanian Public Sector. We operate in a diverse and complex environment and are committed to professional excellence, best practice and integrity.
TAO seeks to attract and retain high performing, capable and passionate people. TAO is a challenging and exciting place to work which offers its staff many benefits including:
- a close-knit collaborative working environment
- a broad range of flexible working conditions
- learning and development opportunities
- varied and interesting tasks and challenges
- opportunities for experience in different public sector service delivery areas.
Other benefits include:
- guidance and support by our professional and highly experienced workforce
- continuous professional development and study assistance, including support for professional qualifications (CPA, CA or others)
- exposure to a broad and varied client base of public sector organisations and local government entities
- access to best practice audit tools and technology
- competitive remuneration and flexible work arrangements
- a flexible career path that evolves with you.
If you’re interested in working with us at the Tasmanian Audit Office, please see the Careers page on the Tasmanian Government Jobs website as they become available.