About this report or communique
Report of the Auditor-General No. 1 of 2021-22: COVID-19 Support Measures – Community Support
The objective of the review was to form a limited assurance conclusion on the effectiveness of Communities Tasmania’s implementation of the Community Support Fund and the Supporting our Veterans Program.
This is the fourth and final report in a series of audits and reviews covering selected COVID-19 stimulus measures and targeted financial support payments and expenditures. This review covered the:
- following elements of the Community Support Fund
– identification, selection and management of providers of hotel quarantine, security and transport
– execution and ongoing management of agreements entered into with community service providers
– Local Emergency Food Relief COVID-19 Grants Program (Food Relief Program) from program design through assessment to monitoring and evaluation
- Supporting our Veterans Program from program design through assessment to monitoring and evaluation.
Activities or arrangements relating to the above elements that occurred after 30 April 2021 were not included within the review scope. In addition, the review of hotel quarantine was focussed on procurement of services, contract management and other related financial arrangements. It did not examine the effectiveness of hotel quarantine in preventing COVID-19 community transmission.