About this report or communique
Report of the Auditor-General No. 1 of 2023-24: Realising benefits from digital initiatives in the Tasmanian State Service
The objective of the audit was to assess whether digital initiatives within the Tasmanian State Service were being planned and monitored to deliver intended outcomes.
For the purposes of this audit, a ‘digital initiative’ was defined as any initiative that used digital technology to improve organisational processes, improve interactions between people, organisations and things, or to make new business models possible. ‘Digital’ was defined as the representation of physical items or activities through binary code.
This audit examined digital initiatives currently being implemented by the following public sector agencies:
- Department for Education, Children and Young People
- Department of Health
- Department of Justice
- Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania
- Department of Police, Fire and Emergency Management
- Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Department of State Growth
- Department of Treasury and Finance.
This audit did not examine whether digital initiatives provided value for money.