About this report or communique
Report of the Auditor-General No. 1 of 2020-21: Effectiveness of Internal Audit
The objective of this audit was to examine whether the audit committees and internal audit functions of departments were operating effectively and delivering a positive impact on departmental performance. The audit identified potential lessons and opportunities for improvement to assist departments increase the effectiveness of their audit committees and internal audit functions.
This audit covered the following departments:
- Communities Tasmania
- Education (DoE)
- Health (includes Tasmanian Health Service)
- Police, Fire and Emergency Management (DPFEM)
- Premier and Cabinet (DPAC)
- Primary Industries, Parks, Water and the Environment
- State Growth
- Treasury and Finance (Treasury).